The Web Connection experience depends on the Chrome bluetooth integration. This is a cutting edge feature that is still in development by the Google team. On some devices, there can be connection issues. If you are having trouble connecting your Eko device to the web, please read on.
- Ensure your Chrome browser is on the latest version
- When a Chrome window is open, in the top right corner there is a menu button. If you are out of date, it will have an option to update. Click this to update to the latest version.
- Ensure Bluetooth is enabled on your device’s operating system
- On Mac you may see bluetooth in your top bar, or you can search for it by opening spotlight (top right corner, magnifying glass icon), and type in bluetooth. Ensure Bluetooth is on in this menu, and if not, turn it on.
- On Windows, type bluetooth into the search bar until “Bluetooth and other device settings” comes up. This can be found in your system settings. Ensure bluetooth is toggled to “On”
- Device name must be listed in the Chrome dropdown for a connection to occur.
- If the device is unrecognized, the connection will fail.
- Sometimes there is a delay when opening the Chrome connection window, and the device being recognized.
- If after waiting for a short while, the device is still not recognized, close the Chrome connection window, turn the device off, re-open the connection window, and then turn the device back on.
- If step (c) fails, you may need to reconnect the device to your computer. In your operating system’s bluetooth settings, forget the device you are trying to connect to. If you are on Windows, reconnect to the device through the bluetooth menu, then continue with these steps. Go back to the web streaming page and reopen the connection menu and attempt to connect to the device.
- If step (d) fails, you may need to reset your bluetooth module.
- Resetting your Bluetooth Module is a last resort if none of the above steps allowed you to connect your Eko device to the Web.
- On Mac, hold “Option” + “Shift” and then while holding those keys down, click the bluetooth icon in the top right bar. You should see a dropdown with “Debug” and an option. Hove it, and within those options you will see “Reset bluetooth module.” Click this and your bluetooth module will be reset. Then try your connection again.
- On Windows, to restart Bluetooth support service, press “Windows key” and “R”, then type “services.msc.” Finally, find “Bluetooth Support service” in the list, right click it, and select restart. Then reconnect your device through the windows bluetooth menu, and try connecting to the web page again.