If the distant/consulting provider is not using the dashboard to listen to the Live Stream auscultation, the Telepresenter can share the Live Stream link via the Chat feature on the Video platform, text, or email the link directly to the consulting provider.
Windows Link Sharing Instructions
If the Telepresenter is using a Windows based laptop and has installed the Windows Eko App Eko Windows App, Telepresenters can follow the instructions below to share the livestream link:
- Open the App from the desktop
- Sign-in and connect the Eko device
- Toggle Live Stream “On”.
- Click “Copy live stream link” to copy the live stream URL and paste it into a text or chat function of the video application used for the video visit.
- Alternatively, click “Email live stream link” to type in the email address of the consulting clinician you are meeting with.
If the telepresenter is using an Eko mobile app for the Eko live stream, Telepresenters can follow the instructions below to share the livestream link:
- Log into the Eko app, pair the Eko device
- Navigate to the Setting panel (top left corner of the app window)
- Scroll down and ensure that live stream is toggled to “on” in the settings menu
- When live stream is toggled on, you will see the options to: “share livestream link” and “email livestream link”
- By clicking “Share livestream link”, you will be prompted to either copy the livestream link or share it via text, airdrop. The most common workflow is to copy the livestream URL and paste it into the video conferencing chat box used for the video portion of the virtual encounter.
- Alternatively, select “Email live stream link” where you will then be prompted to type in the email address of the consulting provider.
- Once the Teleconsultant has received the Live Stream link, clicking on it will launch the live stream. Note: Eko will work on Chrome, FireFox or Safari browsers but will not work on Internet Explorer.
Saving the Live Stream URL For Future Visits
To streamline future visits, the telehealth consultant located remotely can save the Live Stream URL as a bookmark in their internet browser or as a desktop icon. Ask your Eko representative about the best method of managing multiple Live Stream accounts and URLs.
*Note that the Live Stream URL can be reset between visits at the discretion of the institution or telehealth provider at patient location, in which case it would need to be re-shared with the telehealth consultant located remotely. Resetting the Live Stream URL will end any Live Stream in session.
Eko’s Live Stream service transmits de-identified patient heart, lung, and bodily sounds. No data is stored during these sessions and no identifying information is displayed to the telehealth consultant.
LBL 271, Rev A, April 30, 2021