- When the auscultation portion of the session is needed, the provider will open the Eko app and pair the Eko stethoscope. The provider may want to advise that the receiver (consulting MD or clinician) mute their video conference mic to prevent feedback.
- The provider toggles Live Stream to On in the Eko app. The provider should NOT adjust the volume within the Eko app. Altering the volume on the Eko stethoscope does not affect what the receiver hears.
- The provider conducts the assessment. They can turn Off the Eko stethoscope during the assessment as needed to confer with the MD. Turning the Eko stethoscope Off ends data transmission; if the device is turned On it should auto-pair with the Eko app and restart the Live Stream session.
- Once the assessment is concluded the provider can turn the Eko stethoscope Off and close the Eko app until the next visit.
- Be advised that choosing to 'Reset the Link' will alter the actual URL of the Live Stream link.
- The consulting MD or clinician should use plug-in headphones in order to receive the best audio quality during the auscultation portion of the visit.
- If performing the consultation using a Windows PC they may need to adjust their settings to prevent Windows from reducing the Live Stream volume.
- At the time of the assessment, the receiver can navigate to the Live Stream URL either by:
- Having the provider email or share them the link from the Eko application.
- Navigating to the Telemedicine Dashboard that their Eko representative has created for them.
- They will want to mute the audio of their video conference to prevent audio feedback.
- The Live Stream URL will need to accessed using Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Internet Edge web browsers; Internet Explorer does not support the Live Stream audio channel.
- During the session if they want to communicate with the provider they can mute the Live Stream volume using the volume slider in the web browser; they can then un-mute their video audio to speak with the provider without creating feedback. The provider can also turn the Eko stethoscope Off at this time as detailed previously.
- When the session is complete they can close the browser window and return to the video conference.