- The Eko Windows app can only be used with Windows versions 7, 8, and 10
- The computer that will run the app needs an audio output source (speaker) for the app to function.
- Eko recommends having at least 2 GB of RAM available, preferably 4 GB of RAM for optimal performance.
- Customers using Windows 7 or 8 will need to purchase a programmed USB dongle from Eko in order to connect the first generation Eko CORE or Eko DUO (firmware v3.6 and above). Most Windows 10 users can connect Eko’s devices using the native Bluetooth of their PC.
- Eko’s stethoscopes require Bluetooth 4.0 connection.
- Windows 10 version 1703 or higher supports Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). Earlier versions of Windows 10 will not support BLE and will require the use of a BLE USB dongle
- Those wanting to use the Littmann 3200 will need to provide a compatible USB dongle; Eko does not stock or resell USB dongles intended for use with the Littmann 3200.
- The Bluetooth dongle that Eko provides needs to be inserted in a USB port that is USB 2.0 or higher.
- The second generation Eko CORE is only compatible with Windows 10 PCs and Eko Windows app v1.5.0 and above.
- Only Eko DUOs with firmware version 3.6 or above will connect effectively with the Eko Windows application.
- Some users may receive an error message upon downloading the application reading: “This application requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 X86 14.1 or greater.”
Users can download this from the Microsoft website, link below:
Please ensure that x86: vc_redist_x86.exe is the option downloaded. The Eko Windows app should subsequently be able to install without issue.