- The Eko Windows app can only be used with Windows versions 7, 8, and 10
- The computer that will run the app needs an audio output source (speaker) for the app to function.
- Eko recommends having at least 2 GB of RAM available, preferably 4 GB of RAM for optimal performance.
- Customers using Windows 7 or 8 will need to purchase a programmed USB dongle from Eko. Most Windows 10 users can connect using the native Bluetooth of their PC.
- Eko’s stethoscopes require Bluetooth 4.0 connection.
- Windows 10 version 1703 or higher supports Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). Earlier versions of Windows 10 will not support BLE and will require the use of a BLE USB dongle
- Those wanting to use the Littmann 3200 will need to provide a compatible USB dongle; Eko does not stock or resell USB dongles intended for use with the Littmann 3200.
- The Bluetooth dongle that Eko provides needs to be inserted in a USB port that is USB 2.0 or higher.
- Only Eko DUOs with firmware version 3.6 or above will connect effectively with the Eko Windows application.
- Some users may receive an error message upon downloading the application reading: “This application requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 X86 14.1 or greater.”
Users can download this from the Microsoft website, link below:
Please ensure that x86: vc_redist_x86.exe is the option downloaded. The Eko Windows app should subsequently be able to install without issue.