While auscultation is critical to examining patients with a respiratory illness, a traditional stethoscope can be difficult to use while wearing protective gear.
The CORE 2nd Gen can be used without the stethoscope tubing to give you more flexibility when caring for patients with COVID-19.
Using CORE 2nd Gen Wireless
To use the Eko CORE without the ear tubing, unscrew the barb (seen below) from the bottom of the CORE. You can unscrew the barb with or without the stethoscope tubing connected.
- If you purchased the pre-assembled CORE Stethoscope, you can unscrew the barb + tubing from the base of the CORE.
- If you purchased the CORE Attachment, simply attach the tubing connector and chestpiece and do not screw anything into the base.
Once the chestpiece (stethoscope head / diaphragm) is assembled to the CORE (without the stethoscope tubing), you can perform auscultation using Live Playback from the Eko App on your phone.
- Login to the Eko Mobile App (available on both iOS and Android)
- Turn on your Eko device and click ‘Connect Device’ to pair
- Access your settings panel by tapping the two lines (Settings Menu icon) in the upper left corner
- Look for the toggle switch labeled ‘Play from iPhone’ or ‘Play from Phone’ and toggle the switch to the right (to activate it)
Once the switch is toggled on, the sounds will play from your headphones connected to your mobile device. We recommend using wired headphones plugged into your phone for best sound quality.