While auscultation is critical to examining patients with a respiratory illness, a traditional stethoscope can be difficult to use while wearing protective gear.
Live Playback allows you to listen to the stethoscope audio using standard headphones connected to your mobile device.
Step by Step Instructions for Activating Live Playback:
- Login to the Eko Mobile App, available on both iOS and Android
- Turn on your Eko device and click ‘Connect Device’ to pair
- Access your settings panel by tapping the two lines (Settings Menu icon) in the upper left corner
- Look for the toggle switch labeled ‘Play from iPhone’ or ‘Play from Phone’ and toggle the switch to the right (to activate it)
- Once the switch is toggled on, the sounds will play from your headphones connected to your mobile device.
Recommendations for using Live Playback:
- Live Playback is available within the Eko App on both iOS and Android
- For best sound quality, we recommend using wired headphones (of your choice) plugged into your phone
- Live Playback with Airpods works on some iOS devices, so if you’d like to try that, instead of using wired headphones options, you can of course do so. That said, the volume may be louder with wired alternatives.