Eko Windows Tip Sheet- Eko DUO Stethoscope
- Select the Eko Application Icon on your desktop to open the app.
- Select "sign-in" in the upper right-hand corner using the username and password that has been assigned for this location.
Pairing the stethoscope- please complete steps in this order
- Turn the DUO on by pressing and holding the action button for two seconds, the LED will blink which means that the device is searching for a Bluetooth Connection.
- On the Eko windows application, select the BLUE Eko devices button.
- Once the DUO device appears in the menu, click on it to pair the device. The LED will turn from flashing to solid to indicate a successful connection.
Initiating a live stream session
- Ensure app volume is toggled all the way down to prevent audio feedback. Adjusting the volume slider does not affect the volume heard from the connected device or the volume heard using the Live Stream service.
- Toggle the live stream button from OFF to ON. Turning ON the live stream function activates a Live Stream URL which enables the telehealth consultant to access the audio, PCG, and ECG feed.
- The livestream link may be shared with the telehealth consultant by either:
- Selecting "e-mail live stream link" and entering the appropriate email address.
- Selecting "copy live stream link" and sharing over a chat application.
- The provider may access the link from the institution dashboard.
Charging the DUO
If a red light appears on the DUO, it needs to be charged. Plug the charger into the wall and place the DUO on the charging pad. When the DUO is fully charged, the LEDs will turn off.
Best practices for ensuring the best sound quality with the DUO.
- If ambient noise is detected, ensure that no other objects are making contact with the Eko DUO.
- Ensure your patient is not positioned on a surface that is prone to vibration. will move unexpectedly, or is emitting noise.
- Use the DUO directly on the skin.
- Apply some pressure, being sure not to turn the device off by pressing the round button.
- Choose the appropriate filter- To change the audio filter, click the action button three times, quickly, until the desired filter is selected. See filter options below:
Diaphragm (default) - heart sounds
Bellmode - heart and bowel sounds
Midrange - heart and some lung sounds
Extended mode - heart and lung sounds
Best practices for ensuring the best ECG quality with the DUO.
- Use DUO directly on the skin, applying some pressure. Exact location varies, see image below for details.
- Use ECG gel.
- Maintain close proximity of the DUO and the Eko app (within 5 feet) to ensure a good Bluetooth connection.