Eko supports most Android devices version 7.0 and up. If you’re experiencing issues with the Android Eko app, please go through the following troubleshooting steps.
- Android has two location permission settings - one that is global and the other is an app level permission. Both need to be ON for BLE scanning to work.
- If you cannot connect to the Eko device, try the following:
- Turn bluetooth off and on in the Android Settings
- Forget or Unpair all Bluetooth devices in Android Settings
- Restart your phone and Eko device.
- Heart & lung sounds, being predominantly in the lower frequencies, do not reproduce well on the built-in phone speakers. Headphones, earbuds, or external speakers are recommended.
- Many Samsung devices have multiple volume controls (ringtone, media, etc). Make sure the “Media” volume is set to an appropriate level.
- To hear sounds from the Eko device, as well as patient recordings, make sure “Play from Phone” is turned on in app settings.