Eko Telehealth + Video can be utilized to connect a provider directly into the patient’s home and receive a live feed of their heart and lung sounds using the Eko digital stethoscopes. To get started, a patient must be first enrolled in Home Health.
1. Select the “Patients” tab from the home screen.
2. Once on the patients screen, select “Add patient”
3. A screen will appear with fields for patient information, at minimum, a patient ID must be entered to save a patient. Select “Enable Telehealth” to enable the patient with the ability to live stream directly from home. Additional information is required- the patient’s phone number and a PIN. This will be the information that the patient uses to log into their application with, please provide the patient with their log-in information prior to their Home Health visit.
4. Once all of the information is entered, select Create New Patient to save.
Initiating a visit
1. Select the “Telehealth” tab from the home screen.
2. From there, select the Home Health tab to access your patients who have been enrolled in home health. Find the patient you wish to begin a session with and select “Join Live Stream”
3. To begin your video visit, select start video.
4. Once the video session begins, the provider video will appear on the right side of the screen and the patient will appear to the left. To increase the size of the patient video, hover over the provider video and select the full screen button.
5. When you no longer need the full screen size, select the X in the upper right corner of the screen.
6. When you are ready to begin listening to heart sounds, instruct the patient to select the “Live Stream” button on their side and power on their device to connect. Once they are connected, select “Play Live Stream” to listen to the heart and lung sounds. While listening to the heart sounds, you may toggle between the full screen and waveforms, and mute the heart sounds as needed.
7. To perform a cardiac screening analysis, instruct the patient to press the coral record button on their device and hold still. A 15 second recording will be taken and the AI analysis results will appear in the session window.
8. To end the visit, you may close the session window or press the red telephone button in the provider video screen.
LBL 154, Rev A